Grieg Logistics is new majority owner of important port system supplier Shiplog AS, and by that strengthening its position as leading supplier of maritime IT systems for ports and shipping companies.
January 2, 2017, Grieg Logistics AS entered into an agreement as shareholder of Shiplog AS, with an equity portion of 51 pct. Chairman of Shiplog will be CEO of Grieg Logistics, Michelle Williams.
The acquisition is an important strategic move for Grieg Logistics, who wants to take a lead in the digitization of the maritime industry, with a broad portfolio of digital services.
– One must admit that the industry has been a bit conservative in adopting new technology. Now we believe the industry is mature, and we will contribute to boost the digitization of maritime operations which previously were handled with manual procedures, says COO of Grieg Logistics, Morten Graff.
Tracking and management system for port and shipping companies
Shiplog delivers house developed scalable system solutions based on the collection and processing of AIS data, and is market leader with a number of established products for port authorities, logistics bases, industry stakeholders, public authorities and shipping companies in Norway.
Since its establishment in February 2013, Shiplog has experienced strong growth. In the first four years, the company has gone from three million in sales the first year, to above 11 million in 2016.
With Grieg on its side, Shiplog will have solid, professional and long-term owners who have a strong focus on digitization. Shiplog offers a solid position on the market side nationally and together with Grieg’s already established network both nationally and internationally, it is the common objective to commercialize existing and new product solutions for customers to an even greater degree.
Based on Grieg Group’s maritime expertise and solid financial position, and CMR’s research expertise, we will together with Seamless and Shiplog contribute to the digitization of maritime industry.
– Many ointerested parties have nocked on our door, but Grieg Logistics has both the industrial and the financial weight that is interesting to a new owner, says Managing Director Vidar Fagerheim in Shiplog.
Seamless AS and Shiplog AS are subsidiaries of Grieg Logistics. Seamless has a 30 pct ownership in CMR (Christian Michelsen Research).
Fact about Shiplog
Shiplog today consists of three product groups;
• Shiplog PORT for port authorities, logistics bases and industry
• Shiplog TRAFFIC for public authorities and conventional and fast ferry operators
• Shiplog FLEET for shipowners
Find out more about Shiplog on their website.
New ownership structure of Shiplog AS;
• Grieg Logistics AS, 51%
• Fager Holding AS, 24 %
(owned by Vidar Fagerheim, CEO Shiplog, and Erling Fagerlie)
• Per Otto Dyb, 10%
• Bølgen Invest AS, 10 %
• Kåre Blakstad (31), 5 %
Vidar Fagerheim, Managing Director
M: +47 951 32 058
Michelle Williams, CEO
M: +47 948 89 818
Sysla Maritime: I Grieg fant de den perfekte eieren for gründerselskapet
Bergensavisen: Vil lede an i digitalisering
Tidens Krav: Grieg inn i Shiplog
Skipsrevyen: Grieg kjøper 51 prosent av Shiplog